It’s important to historically know about the churches in the wilderness, especially when the Catholic Church claimed they were the only church to succeed after the first Christian movement. They were not, but they did try and rid themselves of the competition they saw in the other Christian groups finally becoming the most powerful Christian organization free to re-write history to their advantage. But these historical sources remain as a testimony against these lies and show that God has always had a church true to Him in the world.
Read each chapter here online:
by Benjamin George Wilkinson
1. What Is the Church in the Wilderness?
2. The Church in the Wilderness in Prophecy
3. The Apostolic Origins of the Church in the Wilderness
4. The Silent Cities of Syria
5. Lucian and the Church in Syria
6. Vigilantius, Leader of the Waldenses
7. Patrick, Organizer of the Church in the Wilderness in Ireland.
8. Columba and the Church in Scotland
9. Papas, First Head of the Church in Asia
10. How the Church Was Driven Into the Wilderness
11. Dinooth and the Church in Wales
12. Aidan and the Church in England
13. Columbanus and the Church in Europe
14. The Church in Europe after the Time of Columbanus
15. Early Waldensian Heroes
16. The Church of the Waldenses
17. Aba and the Church in Persia
18. Timothy of Bagdad; The Church Under Mohammedan Rule.
19. The St. Thomas Christians of India
20. The Great Struggle in India
21. Adam and the Church in China
22. Marcos of Peking
23. The Church in Japan and the Philippines
24. The Remnant Church Succeeds the Church in the Wilderness
FULL BOOK LIST OF SOURCE MATERIAL USED IN THESE CHAPTERS.
Truth Triumphant (PDF version).
The Catholic Church